Promptness is a habit essential to success in the business world.
Mr. Kortemeier's Tardy Policy
- Students are expected to be in their seat, ready to work
when the last bell rings. If you are not seated you will be marked tardy.
- Students are allowed 2 tardies per semester without penalty. They must
track their number of tardies themselves.
- After the third tardy, Mr. Kortemeier will assign an immediate detention
in the classroom. Time will usually be spent cleaning the room or washing
glassware. Detention time will be approximately equal to the tardy time.
- After the fourth tardy, Mr. Kortemeier will assign a lunch detention to be
served immediately. Once again cleaning the room, washing glassware etc. If
a student cannot serve detention immediately (already assigned detention by
another teacher) arrangements can be made, but the time served will be
longer. The student will also be required to phone their parent/guardian
from Mr. Kortemeier's room and explain why they have been given detention.
- After five tardies, the student will be assigned 2 lunch detentions in the
lunch detention room and the school tardy policy will be in effect
- School policy may include loss of credit for the course for excessive
- Failure to serve a teacher imposed detention will be considered
insubordination and is grounds for a referral to the student's Dean for
Excessive tardies are a pain for everyone involved so
let's try to avoid them by being prompt and prepared. Mr K.